Wednesday, May 6, 2015
The sad news is we were losers. It was a lot of fun and it was great to see Anna and Scott but the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight ruined a lot of our plans. In order for me to get cheap flights, I have to book about 9 months out. And then they scheduled the fight. It was crazy busy at a level I didn't even think possible. We were just lucky to get a room for the weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were pretty much a bust. Anna and Scott brought their roommate for us to meet. He was great and I'm glad that they are all getting along.
We walked the strip for a little while on Sunday with them but it was hard to get around. I do miss Anna but it seems like she is doing well. I guess she won't be coming home.
The good news is Random.org likes Rachel from Living Better One Day At A Time the best. I'll send you an email, Rachel.
I'm standing in a mess here and I'll start posting on Monday or so. My wonderful inlaws picked DJ up from college since I didn't bother to check when he would be getting out of school when I booked the flights. DJ has been in charge of his stuff and the house since we left. Bless him, he tried. The good news is the cats are live, the closets well not so much.
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
This is also a great little experiment for our Bloggers United Federation. I'm not going to post anything until I get back. So we will see what everyone prefers giveaways or daily posts.
So here is the dealio for the giveaway. I'm changing it up a bit in the hopes that bringing people in every day will help keep traffic up.
- You get one entry just for showing up to the party! Just leave a comment on this post and a way for me to contact you. Get one entry PER DAY. Leave separate comments for each day.
- If you are a follower of my blog, you get one entry. Just leave a separate comment on this post.
- If you become a follower of my blog, you get one entry. Just leave a separate comment.
- If I am on your blog roll, you get one entry. Just leave a separate comment on this post.
- If you add me to your blog roll, you get one entry. Just leave a separate comment on this post.
- If you post about this giveaway on your blog, you get one entry daily. Just leave a separate comment(s) on this post. To get the daily entries, you have to post a new link on your site every day.
- If you post about this on any social media, you get one entry daily. To earn the extra daily entries, you have to post a new link on your social media.
My book is on sale for $2.99!!!!! Check it out!!
Monday, April 27, 2015
And we have had a major break through, sluggy has now named us all bloogers. That is going on our jackets for sure. Her finger stuttered or she was hitting the liquor a little early but it is the greatest name for us.
I was wondering how people get more followers. Do you go and visit blogs from searching through other people's followers. Do you just jump around and explore? Do you ask for people to follow your blog while you are having a giveaway? What is the secret?
Don't forget COMMENT to join, VISIT other members, LINK to other members!!!! COMMENT, VISIT, LINK!!!!
Leave your name and your blog/site name and tell me that you want to join the gang and I'll add you to the official list. Feel free to give yourself a title.
And the official members of the Blogger United Federation are.............................
- Sonya Ann from A Mom, Money, and More. Federation Leader.
- sluggy from DON'T READ THIS; IT'S BORING. VP of Non-Porn Porn
- We are: Clamco. Secretary of the Interior
- Jane from Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY! Bi-curious
- Rachel from Living Better One Day at a time. Title TBA
- Jennifer from Absolutely Sweet Chao. Eco Chick
- Chy from Our Little House in the Big Woods. Hippy Mama!
- Anne from New happenings at the table and whatever. Secretary of the posterior
- Linda from Practical Parsimony.
- Rivulet from $12 a day.
- Gill - That British Woman. Title British Woman
- Cindi at Thrifty at Sixty
- Kim at Out My Window
- Frances at Looking Forward to Becoming More Frugal
- SAM at A New Frame of Reference
- Christina at Tahoe Girl
Sunday, April 26, 2015
So do you think DJ would like to get up nice and early every weekend and go book hunting with me at garage sales? It's quality mom and son time, right? Do you think this is why Anna moved away? Never. Have you ever done this? Did it work for you?
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Anne over at New Happenings at the Table. I love going over there and seeing what she has whipped up. She can make an amazing meal out of anything. I'm always in awe of her cooking talent, I could screw up fast food. Drop by and say hello.